Friday, September 12, 2008

Day Two

Part 1) The aftermath of Day 1

Well, it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I woke up this morning and bounced around the house - clothing (check), kids (check), teethbrushed (check), lunches (check) breakfast (check), bookbags (check)... shoes (check) ok out the door. As I leaned in to strap the baby in his car seat it struck me... my knee is completely pain free!!! Or... could it be that the rest of my leg muscles are so sore that they are masking the pain? Seriously, I've got that goofy walk going on.... you know the one that looks like a cross between a duck and a penguin? But it feels good to be sore. :-)

Part 2) The swim
I talked with my sister this morning, and she said something along the lines of... don't worry about the swim. It'll be like riding a bike for you. She was completely right. I have nothing exciting to say about the swim itself. I jumped it, swam a few laps to warm up... and it all came flooding back. I chugged out 30 laps with no problem what-so-ever. yay! Granted, I know my body will be sore tomorrow, because I could feel the weight of my limbs heavily towards the end of the swim. Now... let's talk about the pool I have chosen to spend many hours of my life in... umm... I may have to make a change to this decision. It's a saltwater pool (which is good), but I don't think it's a full 25m (definately not 50m) so just when you get into the rhythm you've got to turn again. I felt like I spent half of each lap under water after the turn. Next, whoever cleans the pool has some major lessons to learn - the chemicals were all out of balance. Finally - I have forgotten how much I hate showering in public showers. Some women have no humility, and most of these women really should. yuck...

Training Sesson 2 Complete and Successful :-)

Lessons Learned
1) When I'm 50 I will still wear my bathing suit in a public shower
2) The more you move through the pain, the less it hurts
3) Don't go to the 2nd shower... it doesn't drain
4) I will be good at the swim... so bring it on! :-)

No comments: