Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Days five and six

Day five

No training for day five. Instead, a visit to the doctor was in order. They took x-rays and basically told me a whole lot of nothing. I should get the xray results tomorrow. If negative, I have to go back in for an MRI. Until a conclusion is reached, no running for me. :-(

Day six

Time to get in the pool. Today was packed (and since there are only 3 lanes it makes it quite difficult). Luckily, as I was waiting for a spot, I started chatting with a fellow annoyed swimmer. Evidently, she was another trialthlon trainee. She gave me some pointers, which was really cool. Evidently, there is a girl in the 8:30 spin glass that's a member of a tri team here in Temecula. I think I'll try and track her down. It would be pretty awesome if there was a team around here I could train with. I'm hopeful.

Anyways, I'm still convinced the swim will be the easiest. I was pacing with this 3 tris a year girl, and I was having a hard time going as slow as her. She stopped at 30 lengths. I kept going to 80 lengths at my pace. :-) I didn't realize it, but I've actually missed being in the pool.

Tomorrow, I think I might buckle down and do a bike work-out at the gym. I really need to get my bike...

Training Session Day Six Complete and Successful

Lessons Learned
1) Don't do flip-turns in the pool... there aren't walls in the ocean an you don't get the luxury of that extra boost.
2) Hijack a lane instead of waiting. It's way more effective. :-)
3) Still loving this.

No comments: